27th EAS Conference/ 7th European ISME Regional Conference
International Society for Music Education
- not accredited
- 15th May, 2019 - 18th May, 2019
The 27th EAS Conference/ 7th European ISME Regional Conference will take place at Malmö Academy of Music and Malmö Live in Malmö (Sweden), from 15 to 18 May 2019.
”The School I’d Like” – Music education meeting the needs of the children and young people today.
Four days full of presentations, debates, workshops and concerts.
This conference presents perspectives and perceptions of music education today by those who matters most – the students. Placing their views in the centre of the debate, this conference provides an evaluation of the democratic processes involved in teaching and learning music by:
- identifying consistencies in students expressions of how they wish to learn music
- highlighting particular sites where students have a voice in the music education system today
- illustrating how the learning environment is experienced by todays children
- posing questions about the reconstruction of music teaching and learning for the 21st century
This conference offers a powerful platform for new perspectives on school reform and music education and will be essential for all those involved in music education including music teachers, researchers, students, artists, policymakers and anyone who believes that children’s voices should be heard.
The video is here.