ART THERAPY – BRIDGE BETWEEN DISABILITY AND HEALTH - USING MUSIC, DANCE AND VISUAL PLASTIC METHODS FOR DEVELOPMENT AND REHABILITATION OF SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS PUPILS
CSEI No 1 Oradea Romania
- not accredited
- 29th October, 2018 - 2nd November, 2018
The main objectives of the course are:
- To teach concepts related with art therapy and some of its methods: music therapy, dance therapy, plastic and visual art therapy, therapeutic stories
- To establish objectives for art therapy sessions according to different target groups
- To describe art therapy sessions adequate to different symptomatology and fields
- To use different tools for evaluating and monitoring art therapy intervention results
- To work on specific problems and limits of different art therapies
The training course will have an important practical component. Theoretical concepts will be taught via Power Point Presentations and practical demonstration of trainers, structured on 16 modules.
The group will repeatedly split out in smaller groups and fulfill practical task, in order to actively learn to implement different therapies. This tasks will be part of evaluation portfolio of the trainees and also allow them to show their abilities and experience one by one the role of therapist and of a member of therapy group.
At the end of the training the participant will also pass an non formal exam, in order to prove the knowledges acquired.
At the end of the course the participants will be capable of:
- Defining concepts related with art therapy and its development during time and making difference between different types of art therapy: music therapy, dance therapy, plastic and visual art therapy
- Understanding the role of therapeutic stories in art therapy
- Properly applying music therapy principles
- Properly using the five dance rhythmes of Gabrielle Roth in a therapeutic way
- Properly using different methods and techniques of plastic and visual art therapy
- Identifying the needs and potential of individuals and/or group
- Setting working objectives for different target groups, according with individual or group needs
- Planning art therapy sessions (music therapy, dance therapy, plastic and visual art therapy) focused on different symptomatologies: mental deficiency, Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, anxiety, behaviour problems with agresivity by matching activities with objectives and group needs
- Monitoring and evaluating the progresses of participants after art therapy sessions through specific tools
- Beeing aware of specific problems and limits of each art therapy method